Sunday, August 7, 2011

Simplicity Project Runway Sew-A-Long





I am participating in the Simplicity Project Runway Facebook Sew-A-Long.  The rules are that you must use a Project Runway or New Look Workroom pattern.  You must use a Technique that you have never done before (fabric you have never worked with, application you have never done, etc) and no pictures of your project can be posted until the last day which is September 15Th.

I have chosen my pattern which is Simplicity Project Runway 2157, you can check it out here, and I will be making it for my 6 year old grand-daughter.  I have not chosen the fabric yet but will post the info as soon I have.  I plan to post every step of the way from preparing the fabric to the last stitch of the hem.  I am excited and hope you follow along.



This will be the third sew-a-long I have participated in.  The first was a zippered skirt sew-a-long.  It had been so long since I had sewn and I really needed the practice of putting in a zipper.  I wish I had chosen a heavier fabric, but I just wasn't sure how well it was going to turn out and did not want to spend a lot of money.  It actually turned out pretty well and my oldest grand-daughter loved it!  The second sew-a-long was making a patch work quilted tote and you can read the post I wrote about it here.







No comments: